Ambubachi Mela 2022 will be celebrated from the 22nd to the 26th of June in Kamakhya Temple. Each year many devotees come to Kamakhya Temple during Ambubachi Mela.
But due to the increase in Rainfall this time, authorities ask netizens to celebrate Ambubachi Mela 2022 with some restrictions.
On 20th June, Guwahati Traffic police, to ensure the safety of the public, especially vulnerable road users like children, students, women, senior citizens and differently-abled persons on the road, and to give free passage to the emergency vehicles like Ambulances, Fire Tenders etc., they issued few guidelines.
These guidelines will be imposed during the Ambubachi Mela 2022 only.
Ambubachi Mela 2022 Traffic Guidelines are as follows.
1) From 22-06-2022 to 26-06-2022, no vehicles shall be allowed to enter from Kamakhya foothill towards Kamakhya Temple except the Ferry Car, vehicles associated with essential services and few vehicles of Kamakhya temple and residents authorized by District Administration.
2) No inter-district and long-distance buses (including those operating under ASTC) shall be allowed to ply on D.G. Road, M.G. Road and T.R. Phukan Road from 22-06-2022 to 26-06-2022.
3) No goods carrying heavy, medium or small commercial vehicles shall be allowed to ply on D.G. Road and M.G. Road from 22.06.2022 to 26.06.2022. However, the three-wheelers commercial goods carrying vehicles shall only be allowed to ply from 12 midnight to 6 AM.
4) The vehicles coming from Bharalumukh side towards Kamakhya gate will drop the devotees near Kamakhya gate, move towards Adabari and park at Boripara Field or Adabari Bus Stand.
5) The vehicles from the Maligaon side towards the Kamakhya gate will drop the devotees near the Kamakhya gate and move towards Bharalumukh. The vehicles will park at Sonaram Field.
6) No vehicles shall be allowed to ply on the newly constructed road from Pandu Temple Ghat to Kamakhya Trinath Temple. fon. 20/06/2022 Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic, Guwahati, Assam.